New drivers must learn these skills when driving on highways, and many of them need to be prepared in advance
The National Day holiday is coming soon, and there are many drivers driving on the highway, as well as many new drivers. When we drive, we should try our best to ensure that there are two points: firstly, our own car will not malfunction, and secondly, there will be no accidents. Regarding driving skills and skills, it is not something that can be greatly improved in a short period of time.
The National Day holiday is coming soon, and there are many drivers driving on the highway, as well as many new drivers. When we drive, we should try our best to ensure that there are two points: firstly, our own car will not malfunction, and secondly, there will be no accidents. Regarding driving skills and skills, it is not something that can be greatly improved in a short period of time. For vehicles and drivers themselves, everyone should understand and do some preparation, which will be helpful for driving safety. The following are the most basic preparations.
1. Conduct a basic inspection of the vehicle and take a rough look. It can be completed in more than ten minutes. Specifically, including the tire pressure and whether there is any injury, do not forget to check the spare tire pressure. Secondly, open the engine compartment and check if there is a shortage of various fluids, with a focus on antifreeze and glass water. If there is a shortage, it needs to be added in a timely manner. Finally, take a look to see if all the lights in the car are on. Lights are needed in rainy and foggy days or in the evening when visibility is poor. Lights have a significant impact on the safety of driving on highways.
2. Try not to drive at night. Many people are still on their way in the middle of the night because of the long distance. Firstly, drivers are more likely to get sleepy at night because the surroundings are pitch black, with narrow vision and only a small area ahead. It doesn't take too long to feel tired and drowsy. Secondly, low objects on the road are not easy to detect, such as a large stone on the ground, which can only be seen at a close distance due to its fast speed, and cannot be seen at a distance, making it easy to hit or support the ground. At the same time, the understanding of the road conditions around vehicles at night is not so accurate, and accidents are more likely to occur when changing lanes or overtaking.
3. If you are not familiar with the road, you should set up the navigation system in advance before getting on the highway. This way, driving will be more leisurely, not afraid of taking the wrong road, and there will be no situation where you miss the intersection and suddenly brake, and there is no need to keep staring at the roadside signs. Once the navigation is set up, take a general look at the route and know where to turn and where to get off the highway. Turn on the turn signal when getting off the highway, change lanes in advance, and take the rightmost lane.
4. After every 2-4 hours of driving, you need to enter the service area to rest for a few minutes, even if you just need to go to the restroom and continue walking. Especially on sections with good road conditions and fewer vehicles, there is no need for frequent lane changes, frequent acceleration and deceleration, and driving at a constant speed is more likely to cause drowsiness. Pay attention to the air quality inside the car. You can set the air conditioning to the external circulation mode, so that no matter whether the air conditioning is turned on or not, there will be wind entering the carriage. Alternatively, after driving for a period of time, open a small gap in the window for ventilation and close it immediately after a few minutes.
5. Avoid accidents when driving at low speeds. It is normal to get stuck in traffic on highways during holidays. If there are many vehicles and everyone is driving at low speed, there are cars in front, back, left, and right, and each car is closely following the other, and the distance between the cars is very close. In this case, accidents are also prone to occur. Because it is driving at low speeds, the driver's mentality is relatively relaxed, and sometimes they do not always stare at the car in front. If the front car brakes, as the distance between the cars is very close, if you don't pay attention, it will rear end. So, whether driving at high or low speeds, as long as it is in driving mode, your eyes must always be looking ahead, and you should not look around or look for things in the car.
From: WONDEE Autoparts 2023-9-8